Sunday, May 9, 2010

MCI

Tolerance is a forte of Indian people. This probably stems from the fact that our society has tolerated conquests by various raiders over centuries and thus have learned to be silent! Its a good quality to possess, but in moderation. I have also tolerated a well known fact all these years while I practiced and taught medicine in a medical college - the corruption in bodies which regulate our medical colleges, hospitals and medical education. The limit to my tolerance stretched and broke, when I read about the extent of corruption in this august body - our Medical Council, with the recent arrest of its president.

What can be my contribution to restore credibility in our regulating bodies? How can I help? I do not have many answers. I have blogged, written to various editors and spent time on the net figuring out what is the reaction of our medical fraternity. I have figured out that alone I cant achieve much. I need to connect and form a community. Thus this Blog!

I want readers to put in their comments as to how 'WE' can do something. I will keep posting links of what has happened as well what have been the various reactions to this scam. Together, we should voice our concern as well as suggest a remedy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me